Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dressing for the King tip # 2

     Hello readers! I just want to start off by thanking you all for reading this blog. I appreciate the fact that I am instilling helpful information to others about how to dress in a modest and royal (ahem...since we are royalty!) way!

     It's March and since Spring will be rolling in soon, I am going to do some Spring Cleaning of my own. It's not the typical Spring Cleaning either ;). I am going au naturel...with my hair that is! "What is she thinking?!" you might be saying. Here's what Google had to say:

1. With no elaborate treatment, dressing, or preparation: "I wear my hair au naturel these days".


2. (humorous) Naked.


*No humor intended here. Don't worry, this is a modest fashion blog and I will continue to stay modest.*
 
    It seems like a lot of people want what they don't have these days. Those with straight hair want curly hair, and those with curly hair want straight. I am culpable of this. I have very curly hair (very unlike the straight hair in my profile picture). I've gone back and forth for awhile. Going from straight to curly and vise versa.  It takes a while to straighten my hair and I've worn my hair curly everyday this week so I thought I'd do Spring cleaning with my hair! I am going au naturel for the month of March! I'm very excited about this because I am wondering if I'll see some changes in my hair (Will it become curlier? Dry differently?).
    I am going to embrace my curls and thank God for giving me the hair I have. I think it is important to love what you have. Whether it's your body, face, skin color, or hair. Beauty is what you let it be. God made each and every one of us in our own special way. He didn't make a mistake when creating us.  I am loving my hair this week and I hope to love it even more by the end of this month.
    I have no idea where all of my curls came from. My mother has straight hair, my father little (if any) wave in his, and my sisters have straight hair. Go figure. Here's mine and my sisters tips and favorites when it comes to hair:

CURLY:

I have used many shampoos and conditioners in my hair and I don't think that it really matters what you use here, but here are the ones I like...

shampoos- (Biolage by Matrix) Deep Smoothing Shampoo (great for frizzy hair!), (by Ouidad) Curl-Quencher-Shampoo

conditioners- (Biolage by Matrix) Deep Smoothing Conditioner (great for frizzy hair!), (by Ouidad) Curl-Quencher-Conditioner

I like to use these products after I get out of the shower. These products go on dry hair...

after shower products- Climate-ControlCurl-Quencher-GelBe-Curly-Curl-Enhancer(LOVE THIS! I'm using it now!), Be-Curly-Style-Prep(LOVE!)

drying- I don't like to air dry/towel dry because I don't feel like I have much control over my hair. I prefer to blow dry my hair with a diffuser.


                                       My curly locks

STRAIGHT:

shampoos- TRESemme smoothing shampoo

conditioners- TRESemme smoothing conditioner

pre-drying products- Brilliant-Damage-Control

drying- you can either air dry/towel dry or blow dry.

                        My sister's straight-as a-board-hair

Share your hair tips! Leave a comment below telling me about your hair products, hair type and styling tips!



2 comments: