Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Influences

     Hello and Happy Valentines Day! Since today is the day that love is in the air I figured there was no more perfect time to talk about the people that I love most in my life! So, In the spirit of love...

     Growing up my life was pretty good. Luckily I was fortunate enough to grow up in a good home. I'm thankful that my parents are still together, because I can get two very important opinions about my clothing choices. I am SO thankful that I have my grandparents because they mean everything to me, and I talk to them as if they were my parents. 
     When my sister and I were younger, we loved to go to my MawMaw and PawPaw's house. I'm talking L-O-V-E-D!  We always had the best time. We were always busy either in the kitchen baking cakes, shopping (here's where that heart for modest clothing stared to kick in) or going on some fun adventure to somewhere like the Biltmore House, or the Cherokee Reservation in North Carolina. We spent most of the summer with my MawMaw and PawPaw because my parents worked in the summer. 
     I can remember going to Vacation Bible School every week, and always looking forward to the next one. We were always involved in some kind of church function (whether it was our church or not, 'cause that's just how we do it ;). Rest assured we were always a sheep in the Christmas play, or in the choir standing next to MawMaw on Sunday's. 
     I just adore my grandparents. Everything about them is so inspiring to me. I love how big their heart is for the Lord. It certainly makes me more eager to grow in my relationship with my Savior. I can remember having so many conversation with my sweet PawPaw about Jesus, and how amazing He is. I can recall so many prayers prayed at night with my MawMaw. They have shaped me into what I am. Thank you Lord for blessing me with such amazing people!


                                    My Precious PawPaw
                                                               
                                      Lovely MawMaw

     My parents are the bomb-digity! My dad is so cool, and I love to spend time with him! I think it's good to have his perspective on things, especially regarding modesty and clothing. He can give me a males perspective on how clothing affects them. He helps me dress appropriately. My mother is my favorite shopping buddy. When I was in elementary school she would always pick out my clothes, and now I like to help her pick out cute outfits! We both have completely different styles but we do  have one in common: modest. That obviously is the most important. She helps me dress modestly cute! I always ask for my parent's input, because I value their opinion. I love that they love the Lord and that they are helping me along this journey. 

                                      Mommy and Daddy
             (Daddy has lost a ton of weight so he needs a better picture)

    I am incredibly thankful to have such amazing people in my life! I could not go on this journey without their support. They are holding me accountable for modesty, and that makes a world of a difference. 
In case you couldn't guess, my next post is about Being held Accountable! Funsies :) 


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have had a wonderful day and get to end it with your loved ones. Don't forget to love on Jesus. After all he DID give you the best present ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment